Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Inspiring...

Church was GREAT tonight...good food, fellowship and football talk. Freddie LOVED it!

On the way out, I chatted with a man I had never officially met, although I knew who he was. He is the father who just lost a daughter. Only, I had no idea what HIS story was...now I do.

His family consists of a mom, a dad and 3 daughters...just like ours.
His girls have brought him SO MUCH JOY...just like ours.
And the DRAMA is endless... just like ours.
The mom was Catholic and they decided to join the Methodist Church...just like us.
The mom is one of 5 girls, I am one of 4.

This man shared his story with me all while, watching my 3 girls play and laugh. He then told me of his lose...I could only say " I am so sorry". He then went on to tell me how my girls bring back such HAPPY memories for him... hard but Happy. I thought I would burst into to tears right there! But his SMILE as he glanced at my girls, stopped me.

As he walked away, all I could think was... WOW! He is an inspiration! But I wonder if he even knows that? He inspires me with his strength. He inspires me with his FAITH. He inspires me with his SMILE. To see a man in such pain be able to go on...to attend church...to enjoy the sight of 3 young girls much like his...and to smile...inspires me!

Inspires me to... cherish EVERY day... SMILE often...and appreciate the little things. And mostly, inspires me to have FAITH!

No comments:

Post a Comment