Thursday, October 7, 2010

facebook at 40

As I sit here on facebook, it occurs to me that what FB is to me at 40 is totally different than what it is to my MUCH younger counterparts.

I will never forget when my sister in law said "are you on facebook?".

"WHAT?"

I took a few months but curiosity got the best of me and WHAM... facebook ! "Crack" book as I called it. I could not get enough. I LOVED catching up with old friends, finding family and yes, finding out how everyone looked now. It was GREAT! I even got the "I should have married you" email which was quite flattering. My husband got the " My husband won't let me "friend" old boyfriends" email. You have to LOVE this stuff! It was so GREAT to get on every day and find out what everybody was doing and I have to admit, it was AMUSING at times to see current pictures of old friends. You can't make STUFF like this up!!!

But as time has gone on... I have realized that FB is not REAL LIFE. You only see what people want you to see. And for most people life is a BIG GAME and the need to put on a HUGE FACADE invades everything.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy FB. And I especially LOVE sharing the amusing things that life throws my way. I do however, keep it in perspective. And I hope EVERYONE does.

FaceBook at 40 is different! Life has taught me lessons...

No comments:

Post a Comment